Link building campaign is a pretty straightforward term. Basically it just means trying to get web-sites to publish search engine readable links to your site.
Well Search Engines think the more links there are to a web site, the more important and relevent that site must be. It almost sounds good on the surface, but actually it’s quite the moronic idea.
Here’s some things you can do to increase the effectiveness of your link building campaign:
- Get links from sites that are related to the keywords you which to market.
- Use your chosen key phrases / words in the text of the link that others place on their sites. The text of the link matters a bunch.
- If your going to pay for links, make sure they’re NOT “Jump links”. Jump links are coded in such a way as to be not readable to search engines.
- Make sure the links that point to your site don’t use the rel=”nofollow” attribute. that asks a search engine not to follow (therefore count) the link in question.
- Get links from sites w/ as high of a PageRank as possible. Search Engines mistaken believe this has something to do w/ site quality too.