- It can store more data
- The data isn’t cleared when all cookies are deleted
- Only when data from that specific website is deleted in the browsers setting or via a plugin.
- No expiration date on the data
It has two draw backs:
- Some people don’t allow any websites to store local data.
- It can’t be encrypted easily so it’s not a safe place to store session tokens, login info or anything else of a sensitive nature.
- Because of this, some people think it shouldn’t be used at all, ever. I can think of usage scenarios that don’t need the information encrypted though.